We send you warm news and refreshing tips for your site WordPress website.
Read with pleasure and without measure, possibly from some beach.
# 1 How to Speed Up a Company WordPress Site: Our Experience in Results.
The loading speed of your site is one of the most important components of its development – visitors are happy and the search engines look with a better eye on it. That’s why we’ve made “attempts” to improve the speed of a WordPress site with over 20 active plug-ins.
In our practice, we often see queries from our customers asking for them to look at their websites and make recommendations for improving refueling speed. One of the most successful acceleration methods we recommend in most cases is to enable site caching.
Fast loading is important for any type of website. Business websites present the name of the business on the Internet and it is very important that they are loaded quickly. Regardless of how visitors go to the site – Facebook, Google, a link from another site, or another, it’s the first thing that will make an impression on them. From this first touch with the site depends whether visitors and potential customers will remain, or will look for a competitive site.
# 2 Did you know that the new version of WordPress 5.2 came out in May?
The new version of the most popular content management system has two new features – white page protection and site status data. With them, site support becomes even easier.
This is one of the biggest misconceptions for site owners. We uncover this myth and share with you:
- why the sites of small businesses are attractive for malicious actions;
- why the security of any site is important;
- how we protect your online projects.
WordPress 5.2 – with white page protection and site status data
The new version of WordPress 5.2 came out officially yesterday. The musician for this release is Jacko Pastoris.
WordPress 5.2 has two new features that make site maintenance easier:
- The first functionality is protection against a fatal error by running a problematic PHP code. Fatal errors are often the cause of a “white page” when loading the site and its administration. With this protection, even technically unrecognized users can remove the “white page” from their site.
- The second functionality is a developer tool through which they can get detailed information about the status of the site and the configuration of the system and the server environment.
Other important innovations are that the minimum version for PHP that is needed on WordPress 5.2 is increased to 5.6 while the block editor is even faster with a few new blocks.
# CASE STUDY BONUS: PHP 7.3 – with increased productivity, for even faster web projects
The latest version of the most commonly used Web scripting language for creating dynamic websites – PHP 7.3.
In versions 7.1 to 7.2 , after PHP version 7.0 , many language enhancements have been made to improve the performance and security of PHP applications.
And in the new version of PHP 7.3, besides interesting enhancements and new functionalities, the performance trend continues, with some tests and comparisons showing that this version is faster and more productive than the previous 7.2.
PHP enhancements and innovations 7.3. Here are just some of the novelties and improvements:
- Increased productivity.
According to performance tests performed, PHP 7.3 shows that it is faster than the previous version of PHP 7.2.
- Added new function is_countable () .
- Added support for the SameSite directive in creating cookies with PHP .
The SameSite attribute to the HTTP cookie can be used to protect against CSRF (cross-site request forgery) vulnerabilities in the web application. This attribute indicates that the cookie must be sent only with queries initiated by the same domain. In this way, the application can distinguish and reject the execution of queries made from a remote and untrue source representing the user’s browser.
This cookie attribute is still a Web standard but is supported by the latest versions of some web browsers (like Chrome).
- Support for Heredoc and Nowdoc syntax.
- PHP kernel migration – instead of PCRE using PCRE2 . The PHP functionality and the code created so far remain unaffected, adding only new possibilities to the expression interpreter ( old PCRE and new PCRE2 syntax of regular expressions).
- Deprecated in PHP 7.3 (tagged for removal features and features): image2wbmp () , fgetss () and more.
- and more innovations .
- Increased productivity.
WordPress and PHP 7.3
The new version of WordPress 5.1 is compatible with PHP 7.3. Before enabling PHP 7.3 for your WordPress site, check that all plugins and theme have PHP 7.3 support.
Interested in reading more interesting facts? Subscribe for our newsletter or join our Linkedin group!